This mojito kicks the traditional lime to the curb and replaces it with dragon fruit. If you like, you can serve the drinks in the emptied dragon fruit halves.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 16 leaves fresh mint
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 dragon fruit, halved and flesh removed
- 1 liter chilled club soda
- Mix 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar with mint in the bottom of a highball glass.
- Combine rum and dragon fruit flesh in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour rum mixture over the muddled mint mixture. Stir to incorporate.
- Divide mixture between 4 double old-fashioned glasses. Top each drink with equal amounts of club soda.