An Italian prune plum filling is topped with a brown sugar-oat blend in this golden baked crumble that's great for dessert or a sweet breakfast.
- 4 cups pitted and chopped Italian prune plums
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss plums, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and ground cinnamon into a bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed. Spread evenly in a 9-inch square, glass baking dish.
- Place flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, and salt for topping into a bowl; mix thoroughly until it appears crumbly. Sprinkle topping over the plum base.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is golden and crisp, about 45 minutes.