The comforting flavors of cinnamon and vanilla sugar are baked into this delicious and easy apple dessert.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 ½ tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish with the butter.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Layer about 1/3 of the apples in prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1/3 of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour water over apples and continue baking until tender, about 15 minutes more.