Brisket rubbed with ketchup and garlic salt cooks all day in a slow cooker with onions and water. Flour and more water are added to the pot to make gravy.
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- Place brisket fat side up into slow cooker, sprinkle garlic powder on top and rub ketchup generously into brisket. Add onion slices all around and on top of meat, add enough water to coat the bottom of the cooker.
- Cook on Low, all day, for the most tender brisket you will ever eat.
- For gravy, remove brisket from the slow cooker, and increase temperature to High. Mix flour with 1/4 cup water, add to pot, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.