BBQ sauce and bacon are the secrets to the wonderful flavor of the chicken in this sandwich. Add avocado and cheese, and how can you go wrong? Makes a hearty lunch by itself or serve with salad or french fries for a delicious dinner.
- 2 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eaches hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Brush both sides of each chicken breast with barbeque sauce and place in the baking dish. Top each breast with 2 slices bacon.
- Bake chicken 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear. Drain bacon strips on paper towels, and slice breasts in half lengthwise.
- Heat the oven broiler. Spread both halves of each hoagie roll with Ranch dressing. Place 2 breast halves on one half of each roll. Place 2 strips of bacon on each remaining roll half. Top each half with 1 slice Swiss cheese.
- Arrange sandwich halves on the baking sheet, and broil 2 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Layer chicken halves of sandwiches with avocado slices, and top with bacon halves to serve.