This is the only mac and cheese my husband will eat. His mother used to make it for him when he was young. For added flavor use the stewed tomatoes with herbs and garlic.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until almost done, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Mix cooked macaroni with tomatoes and shredded cheese. Pour into a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.