If you love chocolate chip cookies, but need to avoid dairy, try this recipe made with coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until the coconut oil has thickened, but can still be stirred, about 5 minutes; the batter will lighten in color as it thickens. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Gradually beat dry ingredients into the bowl with the coconut oil mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.