Aside from the when you have to scald the milk, everything else is a snap. This creamy pie cooks in 30 minutes and tastes like an old-fashioned custard pie.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon or nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. Add scalded milk a little at a time, so that you do not cook the eggs. When all is blended, pour into a 8 or 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.