This mostly-custard bread pudding is creamy and sweet. Serve it warm or cold.
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 4 large eggs large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bread
- ¼ cup raisins, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Blend half-and-half, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender until smooth. Arrange bread in a 9x13-inch baking dish; sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Place baking dish in a large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm or cold.