This curried quinoa salad is a perfect for summer; the quinoa is tossed with a yogurt, curry, and honey dressing and topped with cucumbers and mint.
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring vegetable broth, quinoa, and salt to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid has absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes; uncover and fluff quinoa with fork.
- Whisk yogurt, canola oil, rice wine vinegar, honey, and curry powder together in a bowl until combined; pour over quinoa and toss until coated.
- Transfer dressed quinoa to a serving dish and top with cucumbers, mangos, cranberries, mint, and almonds; season with salt and pepper.