Lunch bowls are trending for a reason: They are colorful, nutritious, and delicious! This version of the Cuban bowl combines black beans, brown rice, plantain, and avocado.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (such as British Class®), melted
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (such as British Class®), divided
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 2 cups plantain chips (such as Cool Runnings®)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a medium-sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes, coconut oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons cumin in a bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 25 minutes.
- Mix tomato, onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon cumin together in a bowl. Set tomato salad aside.
- Place 1/2 cup black beans and 1/2 cup brown rice in the bottom of each of 4 bowls. Top with 1/4 cup tomato salad, 1/4 of the roasted sweet potatoes, 1/2 a sliced avocado, and 1/2 cup plantain chips.