Garlic scapes and green onions kick up the flavor of this nutritious catch-all vegetable soup made simple using pureed kale, chard, and lettuce.
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic scapes, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 head lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Puree green onions and garlic scapes in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over low heat. Add the onion-garlic mixture and cook until it starts to dry out, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Puree lettuce, chard, and kale in the food processor. Add to the pot and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth; season with savory, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Simmer until kale and chard are softened, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Mix Greek yogurt and Italian seasoning together. Serve soup in individual bowls; garnish each with a generous dollop of the topping.