Chef John's quick and easy recipe for crusty herbed potato wedges calls for herbes de Provence and a bit of paprika.
- 2 eaches Russet potatoes, each cut into 6 equal wedges
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Toss potato wedges, olive oil, herbes de Provence, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until potatoes are evenly coated. Place wedges on their sides onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip potatoes onto their other sides; return to oven and cook until crusty and golden brown, about 20 minutes more.