In this easy vegetarian main dish, crispy tofu coated in a bold teriyaki sauce that is full of flavor.
- 3 tablespoons vegetarian teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk teriyaki sauce, green onions, sherry, garlic, Sriracha sauce, and ginger paste together until smooth. Set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a gallon-sized plastic zip-top bag. Drop tofu slices into the bag, seal, and gently shake until all the tofu is coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tofu for 5 minutes. Flip with tongs and cook until browned on the second side, about 5 minutes more. Transfer the tofu to a plate and wipe the skillet clean.
- Pour reserved sauce into the skillet and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Return the tofu to the skillet and toss to combine. Transfer the tofu to serving plates and spoon sauce on top just before serving.