Turn the peels of acorn squash into a savory snack by making them into cumin- and cinnamon-flavored chips, perfect alongside a lunch sandwich or bowl of soup.
- 2 small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel squash skin as thinly as possible. Chop peels into 1-inch square pieces; you should have about 1 cup squash peels. Reserve squash flesh for another use.
- Mix olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, cumin, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add squash peels and stir until evenly coated. Spread peels onto 2 baking sheets.
- Roast in the preheated oven until crispy and golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes; watch closely as thinner chips can burn quickly.
- Season roasted chips with salt as needed.