These crispy, slightly spicy cookies full of crystallized ginger are a quick and easy treat that pair well with a cup of tea or coffee.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in egg, ground ginger, and salt. Gradually add flour until cookie dough comes together, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in chopped crystallized ginger.
- Place 2 tablespoons white sugar in a shallow dish. Shape dough into balls, and roll one side in sugar. Press onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.