With a crispy, crunchy texture, these chocolate cookies are reminiscent of Oreo(R) wafers without the cream.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (such as Hershey's®)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and egg in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, until evenly incorporated. Gradually beat in water, then vanilla extract.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Press gently to flatten the mounds of dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 20 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from the baking sheets.