Crispy cheesy breakfast pockets bring your favorite breakfast foods together in a convenient wrapped form: potatoes, tomatoes, and cheese.
- 1 cup oil for frying, divided
- 2 large potatoes, cut into very small cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons pesto
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 spring roll wrappers, or as needed
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until tender throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes; cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add eggs spinach, garlic, and pesto. Cook and stir until eggs are no longer runny, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer potato mixture to a bowl and add 2 cups Cheddar cheese; stir well and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a work surface in a diamond shape. Add 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup potato mixture to the upper portion of the wrap. Fold bottom portion of triangle over filling. Brush edges with water; fold edges over and pinch to seal. Fill the rest of the wrappers with the remaining Cheddar cheese and potato mixture to make the pockets.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place pockets in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.