This easy tuna noodle casserole from scratch is made with cream cheese and Gruyere. You can use any small noodles instead of farfalle like penne, rigatoni, etc.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 9 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook farfalle pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until halfway cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and milk in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in tuna, green onion, and red bell pepper. Season with a little salt and pepper. Fold in cooked farfalle and pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.