This seafood pasta stew is a quick and easy weeknight choice: just throw everything into a pot and come back to a delicious dish.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups frozen peeled and deveined baby shrimp
- 1 cup frozen Patagonian scallops
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup diced portobello mushroom caps
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon herbes de Provence (such as Penzeys)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper (such as Penzeys Florida Seasoned Pepper)
- Combine milk, shrimp, scallops, orzo, onion, mushrooms, carrots, Romano cheese, butter, parsley, salt, garlic, herbes de Provence, and seasoned pepper in a medium to large pot over high heat. Cover and bring to a low boil. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, until shrimp and scallops are opaque and flavors have melded, about 15 minutes. Stir and serve.