A wonderful recipe for baked chicken breasts in a creamy, Asiago cheese sauce finished off with black pepper, balsamic vinegar, and additional Asiago cheese.
- 4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Whisk together Asiago cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, wine, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour evenly over chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 40 to 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Top with black pepper, balsamic vinegar, and additional Asiago cheese just before serving.