These unique puff pastry tarts are filled with a sweet and savory grapefruit-cranberry jam and topped with mascarpone glaze and pink peppercorn 'sprinkles.'
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh grapefruit
- ¾ cup Ocean Spray® 100% Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon roughly chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 ½ ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grapefruit zest
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all jam ingredients. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until a thin jam-like consistency is reached. Jam will thicken further upon cooling. Cool completely, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll 1 sheet of puff pastry and cut along the lines to make 3 sections. Cut each section in half to form 6 rectangles. Spread cooled jam over each rectangle to about 1/2 inch from the edges. Top with goat cheese. Brush edges lightly with water.
- Cut remaining sheet of puff pastry in the same manner and place one over each filled rectangle. Gently press edges down with the side of a fork, then use the tines to crimp edges. It is okay if a bit of jam seeps out, but try to avoid it if possible. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry reaches a golden brown color and bottoms are no longer doughy. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients. Spread a thin layer over each pastry. Top pastries with a couple pinches each of grapefruit zest, thyme, and peppercorns.