Chia seeds, sucanat, agave, and spelt flour are some of the unique ingredients you'll need to achieve this corn bread recipe made with spelt.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ½ cup sucanat
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Soak chia seeds in warm water in a bowl for 5 minutes; drain.
- Blend chia seeds in a blender until smooth; add sucanat and agave nectar. Blend the mixture again until smooth.
- Sift cornmeal, spelt flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add frozen corn kernels and chia seed mixture to the cornmeal mixture; stir and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.