This easy soup is full of hearty flavor and texture thanks to chayote squash, corn, cabbage, carrots, and yucca.
- 3 yucca, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 4 chayote squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn, halved
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water to cover
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Combine yucca, cabbage, chayote squash, carrots, and corn in a large pot. Add chicken broth and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 1 hour. Season with salt.