A hint of curry powder, lime juice and zest, and a bit of spice from hot pepper sauce add zing to this cooling, summery cucumber and avocado salad.
- 2 eaches English (hothouse) cucumbers, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 fruit (2" dia)s limes, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 avocado, NS as to Florida or Californias avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- Place the cucumber slices into a colander set in the sink, and sprinkle with salt. Set aside and allow to drip.
- In a salad bowl, mix together the red onion, red bell pepper, lime zest and juice, cilantro, sugar, curry powder, and hot pepper sauce until thoroughly combined and the sugar has dissolved. Drain the cucumber slices, and pat them dry with paper towels. Stir the cucumbers into the salad. Gently toss the avocados with the salad and serve.