This was given to me by my mother-in-law; it has been a favorite of my husbands since he was a youngster 🙂
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 2 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Melt shortening, stir in brown sugar. Let cool.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour in 10 x 15-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.