This classic recipe is an easy one. All you need is a bit of flour and sugar, some creamed butter and eggs, milk, and a splash of vanilla. And don 't forget the coconut. It bakes up perfectly in about an hour.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- 3 large eggs eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Mix flour with sugar. Cream in butter and eggs. Mix in vanilla and milk until well combined. Fold in coconut. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for one hour. Cool completely before cutting.