If wheat is a no-no for you, try these gluten-free coconut flour cookies sweetened with coconut sugar.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (Optional)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar, or to taste
- Blend together coconut oil and coconut sugar using an electric mixer or a fork in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly. Combine coconut flour and salt in a separate bowl; pour into the mixture and blend well. Fold in pecans.
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough into small balls, 1 to 1 1/2-inches wide. Place balls a few inches apart on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a tiny bit of coconut sugar on top of each cookie and flatten using the bottom of a glass to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges start to brown slightly, about 8 minutes.