This coconut curry recipe can be made with chicken, beef, or lamb and even tofu. Is is easy to make and can be changed up by adding vegetables as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh green chile pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook and stir onion, garlic, chile pepper, curry powder, ginger, and turmeric for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, peanut butter, and coconut milk.
- Simmer until curry thickens, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.