These 30-minute chicken tenders are breaded in a cornflake-coconut crust and air-fried for a lighter and tropical take on fried chicken.
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 ½ teaspoons jerk seasoning
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup cornflakes, finely crushed
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tapioca starch, jerk seasoning, and garlic in a shallow bowl for the dry mix. Beat together egg and hot sauce in a separate shallow bowl for the egg wash. Combine corn flakes and coconut flakes in a third shallow bowl for the crust.
- Dip each chicken tender into the dry mix, shaking off excess spice. Dip into egg wash, draining excess, and dredge through the crust mixture. Repeat steps for each tender.
- Place crusted chicken tenders into the air fryer basket and cook on high for 6 minutes. Turn tenders and cook for another 6 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is crisp.