Coconut flour and coconut oil give these soft cookies - sweetened only with mashed bananas - a subtle coconut flavor.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, or as needed
- ½ cup twice-sifted coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ⅓ cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, warmed slightly
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) using the convection setting. Grease 2 cookie sheets with 1 teaspoon coconut oil each.
- Mix coconut flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, 1/3 cup coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Slowly add the flour mixture while continuing to mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the greased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies using the back of the spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer wet, about 35 minutes.