Follow this quick and easy formula for lighter appetizer meatballs seasoned and sauced any way you like.
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pulse beans, garlic, egg white, water, salt-free seasoning, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Mix together bean mixture, ground beef, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Do not overmix. Shape into 1-inch balls and put on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in centers registers 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 12 to 14 minutes.