Creamy, sweet, and tart, this classic lime dessert is always a favorite.
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14 ounce) cans EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.