Simple and tasteful is always a classic.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Cream the butter until light. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Gradually blend in the flour. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, using lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired.