A delicious fish with a summery flavor! Preparation Time: 25 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size
- ½ cup canned pineapple chunks, undrained
- ¼ cup diced fresh mango
- 2 peppers jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 ½ pounds swordfish steaks
- Make the salsa: In a medium-size bowl, combine oranges, pineapple chunks, mango, minced jalapenos, 3 tablespoons orange juice, diced red bell pepper, sugar, and cilantro. Mix well, and refrigerate covered.
- In a non-reactive bowl, mix 1/2 cup orange juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, and pineapple juice concentrate. Place swordfish steaks in bowl, and turn to coat well. Marinate the swordfish in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Prepare an outside grill with oiled rack set 6 inches from the heat source. On a gas grill, set the heat to medium-high.
- Grill the swordfish on each side for a total time of about 12 to 15 minutes, until opaque in the center. Serve the grilled fish with the salsa.