Grapefruit and orange shine in this citrus and spinach salad topped with feta cheese, toasted walnuts, and a sweet and savory cranberry dressing.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 orange
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice, or as needed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (such as Sugar in the Raw®)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until golden and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Zest orange and reserve. Slice the tops and bottoms of grapefruit and cut along the curves, top-down, to remove skins and piths. Repeat with orange. Cut fruits into segments on a plate or shallow bowl, cutting from connective membranes and catching any extra juices (save juices for dressing). Squeeze segments lightly for extra juice.
- Combine toasted walnuts, spinach, feta cheese, and grapefruit and orange slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour grapefruit and orange juices into a measuring cup and add enough cranberry juice to reach 1/3 cup. Whisk in olive oil, turbinado sugar, 1 teaspoon reserved orange zest, parsley, and kosher salt until dressing is thickened. Drizzle over salad. Garnish with any remaining orange zest.