Whole wheat tortillas lighten up these tostadas loaded with chipotle chicken, brown rice, and tomato-avocado salsa that you'll want to serve on Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 limes, juiced, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears corn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- Combine chicken, the juice of 3 limes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Marinate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Coat tomato halves and corn with remaining olive oil and grill until blackened in spots, about 8 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Dice tomatoes and cut kernels off the corn cobs. Transfer to a bowl; mix in avocado and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place brown rice in a bowl. Mix in remaining lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the grill pan. Grill tortillas until crispy on the edges, about 2 minutes per side. Place each tortilla on a serving plate. Layer brown rice, chicken, lettuce, tomato salad, and tomatillo salsa evenly over each tortilla.