Chicken gets a quick marinade in lime juice and cilantro before grilling to perfection in this quick and easy, kid-approved dish!
- 4 lime (2" dia)s limes, juiced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 whole whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, garlic salt, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken; toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).