Here's a festive way to serve fruit at your next holiday get-together: arrange all your fruit in the shape of a Christmas tree as a lovely centerpiece.
- 1 pound green grapes
- 4 large kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 4 fresh strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced
- 6 dried dates
- Create an outline of a tree shape using the grapes on a cutting board or serving platter. Begin at the top point of the tree and fan the grapes out into a triangular pattern. Create 3 triangular sections, each slightly larger than the last. Fill in each section with kiwi slices.
- Arrange sliced strawberries across the tree shape to create a garland effect. Add pomegranate seeds randomly all over the arranged fruit to look like ornaments.
- Place pineapple slices onto a cutting board. Use small cookie cutters to cut out a star shape and some several small ornament shapes. Place the star at the top of the tree shape, and decorate the rest of the tree with the pineapple ornaments.
- Arrange dates at the bottom of the tree to look like a trunk. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.