This rich and creamy drink was especially designed for cold Christmas nights.
- 4 large egg yolks egg yolks
- 1 (5 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups milk
- 4 large egg whites egg whites
- 1 fluid ounce rum
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until they are thickened and light. Gradually stir in condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add them to the milk mixture. Stir rum into the mixture (to taste). Garnish with nutmeg.