Let your bread machine produce this sweet chocolate yeast bread rich with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- All ingredients should be at room temperature, about 80 degrees F (25 degrees C). Place all ingredients (except the walnuts and chocolate chips) in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the White or Basic Bread and Light Crust settings, and Start.
- At the Fruit and Nut beep (or 5 minutes before the end of the last kneading cycle), add the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Remove from pan immediately at end of bake cycle, let cool and slice.