These chocolate-pumpkin chip cookies are studded with bright orange pumpkin spice morsels for a refreshing reversal on your standard fall cookie.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin spice baking morsels (such as Nestle® Toll House®)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl until creamy, using a rubber spatula. Add egg and stir until well blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in another bowl. Add to the sugar mixture a little bit at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts until well combined.
- Fold pumpkin chips into the dough. Line up teaspoon-sized scoops of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, press in a few more pumpkin chips so they're more visible after baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft and chewy with golden edges, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.