These chocolate pecan pie bars make delicious bite-size additions to a Christmas party or in cookie gift boxes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup margarine
- 1 ½ cups light corn syrup (such as Karo®)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 (11 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Stir flour, white sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Cut in 2/3 cup margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by mixing corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, margarine, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Remove the crust from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread filling evenly over the chocolate chip covered crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.