This is a sweet and slightly gooey chocolate pancake that is great with fresh fruit.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla in another bowl; mix in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until bubbles pop in the center of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.