Peanut butter-filled crackers with chocolate or white chocolate coating. (The recipe is written using chocolate almond bark, but just substitute the same amount of white chocolate for the white variation.)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 pounds vanilla flavored confectioners' coating
- 80 eaches buttery round crackers
- 2 ¼ ounces colored candy sprinkles
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon peanut butter on each of half of the crackers. Top with remaining crackers to make peanut butter "sandwiches".
- Melt chocolate-flavored almond bark OR vanilla candy coating in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Reduce heat and keep chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water.
- Dip each cracker "sandwich" in chocolate, allowing excess to drain back into pot.
- Place coated crackers on wax paper to cool. Sprinkle with multi-colored sprinkles or other holiday decoration. Allow coating to completely set, placing in refrigerator for 15 minutes, if necessary. Store between layers of wax paper in cool, dry place, or refrigerate. These also freeze well.