The whole family will love these no-bake chocolate chip cashew date bars as a grab-and-go snack; just blend ingredients and chill to set.
- 1 cup tightly-packed pitted dates
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, or more to taste
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water until soft, 30 to 60 minutes. Drain, squeeze out extra liquid, and reserve. Chop dates into a thick paste.
- Combine dates with cashews, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips. Press mixture firmly into a parchment paper-lined 8-inch baking pan until compact. Refrigerate until set, 1 hour to overnight.
- Cut into bars.