This easy dessert starts with a German chocolate cake mix and has a gooey caramel center--it's almost like a candy bar!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 14 ounces individually wrapped caramels
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Make cake mix according to package directions. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat melt caramels, margarine, and milk. Pour over top of baked cake. Top with chocolate chips and 1/2 of the walnuts. Pour remaining cake batter over top and sprinkle with the remaining walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes more.