Smokey chipotle peppers make an intense marinade for chicken cooked with sour cream and tender baby spinach.
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach, rinsed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- salt to taste
- Combine chopped chile peppers with 2 tablespoons sour cream. Mix together and spread mixture over chicken breasts. Sprinkle lightly with salt to taste, cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place marinated chicken in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish and broil for about 5 minutes (rack should be about 6 inches from the top.) Pour 1 cup sour cream around edges of chicken and turn over chicken breasts. Broil for an additional 5 minutes. Sour cream should be lightly brown on the edges. Move breasts into a separate dish and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Pour leftover broiled sour cream into a medium saucepan over high heat. Add spinach, broth and salt to taste. Boil for about 1 minute until all melted and mixed together. Pour mixture over chicken breasts and serve.