Making this soup with zucchini, leek, and creme fraiche is quick and easy, but it needs to chill for at least 1 hour. You can also serve it as an appetizer in little shot glasses.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced and cleaned
- 3 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons creme fraiche
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour chicken stock into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pot and cook leeks until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and curry powder and mix well. Pour in hot chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer until zucchini are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool slightly. Puree soup using a stick blender until smooth. Stir in creme fraiche. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crumbled feta cheese and croutons.