Steaming, succulent and savory. A robust and hearty classic that never goes out of style.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Johnsonville® Italian Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 rib (blank)s celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic clove (blank)s garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped onions
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain. Stir in onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion.